Monday, July 20, 2009

Dayna from FunkyBaby

Name & Location: Dayna Hayes, Melbourne

Your Business:
FunkyBaby is an online retail store that sells unique, funky, affordable and functional footwear for age-groups newborn to 2 years. Our range is complimented by FunkyBaby shoe boxes which are clear, stackable and with a slide out draw which means your little ones shoes are tidy, organised, easily identifiable and accessible!

What inspired you to start your business?
I had always been interested in having my own business but my son Nate is the main motivation for starting FunkyBaby. As a baby, Nate spent many hours playing with shoes and still to this day, he tries shoes on all the time and gets excited when you approach him with a pair to put on. I also felt that when shopping by conventional means, it was difficult to find a variety of styles and brands and it bothered me that the price of footwear on offer was either very cheap, or very expensive!
The inspiration for the shoe boxes came when I was searching for an accessory to compliment our range of footwear. I was aware you could get clear shoe boxes for adults, but when trying to locate some in baby & toddler size, it became apparent there was none. One thing lead to another and now FunkyBaby is proud to introduce the very first clear and stackable shoe box in baby and toddler size! I used to keep my son's shoes in a draw as I got sick of seeing them piled on top of one-another in his wardrobe - now they are all organised and easily identifiable and accessible too. I also use the boxes to store my make-up and nail polishes and my husband has stolen a few for his shed!

What are your 3 favourite items from your range?
The following items are being newly introduced to the OZ market:
FunkyBaby shoe box 5 Pack
Nature Baby calfhide booties
Lamington merino wool Sock-ings

Tell us about your typical work day:
A typical work day for me is actually going to work - I still work full-time within a large corporation so that takes up the better part of my day. Each night after settling my son into bed I concentrate on FunkyBaby over a couple of glasses of wine. I'm very, very lucky to have such a supportive husband!

When you're not working, what do you love to do?
When I'm not working I enjoy nothing better than sharing a home cooked meal and a few glasses of wine with family and friends. Whenever I get the chance, I love to read or settle down to watch a DVD - you can tell I don't get out much!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails