Monday, July 13, 2009

Jenny from Festoon


Name and Location:
My name is Jenny Grant, my business name is Festoon and we are located on Sydney's North Shore

Your business?
Festoon creates beautiful handmade fabric bunting. An old-fashioned favourite, many of our designs use retro fabrics and are a great way to brighten children's rooms, parties, cubby houses or picnics.

How long has Festoon been operating?

Festoon has only been operating since January 1st of this year.

What inspired you to start your business?
My sister runs a bunting company in England and bunting is now a big thing over there - it's now not only used frequently for children's bedrooms and parties but also for weddings, christenings, street parties, shop front decoration and sporting events. I moved over to Sydney in July 2008 and saw that bunting was not yet such a big thing here, so with my sister's help set up Festoon to fill that creative gap.

What are your top 3 best selling items?
So far the retro cowboy and cupcakes designs have been most popular from the childrens' ranges, as well as the simple gingham. My wedding bunting has also been a big hit - here in Australia the better weather means there is just even more demand for the floaty, romantic summertime decor - fluttering in a seaside breeze, it just looks gorgeous!


Where do you get the inspiration for your range?
I love the childlike innocence of retro designs inspired by 1950s and 1960s and use a lot of retro fabrics in my bunting to reflect this. I have three children who are my design consultants too - telling me what they think works and what doesn't - who better to critique children's items than the children they are made for!


Tell us about your perfect work free weekend?
My perfect work-free weekend would be a quiet, restful weekend at home with my husband and children, with nowhere else to have to go or be. I always enjoy lazy weekends at home far more than organised weekends rushing from place to place as they provide the perfect contrast to the hustle and bustle of the working week. A long lie-in with breakfast in bed and the newspapers would be nice- with three children, this rarely happens, so is a real treat when it does! Later on a Sunday Roast with all the trimmings - delicious! There really is no place like home...!

Visit the Festoon Website and BLOG


Thank you Jenny...I love the idea of hanging bunting from the trees! - Kathryn

1 comment:

Jenny @ Festoon said...

Thanks Kathryn for putting me on Mama Loves to Shop - your site is fab! Jenny x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails